By the end of this module, coaches will be able to:
- Understand and demonstrate the coach’s role in leading drug free and clean sport
- Assist athletes to recognize banned substances as identified by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport by providing access to appropriate reference material, or use sport expert
- Educate and provide support to athletes in drug testing protocols at major competitions
- Promote and model the philosophy of fair play, the NCCP Code of Ethics and promote clean and drug-free sport as identified by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport
- Use educational strategies to reinforce the importance of drug-free and clean sport
- Provide educational opportunities to athletes on the use of nutritional supplements and energy drinks
- Identify and reinforce the consequences of using banned substances
This eLearning module will take approximately 45-60 minutes to complete. You may complete the module in multiple sittings. Once you have completed NCCP Leading Drug-free Sport, credit for the module will appear in your coach transcript in the Locker.
The module is under e-Learning in your NCCP locker account Leading Drug Free Sport
NOTE: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a voucher code this will enable you to take the course at no costs to you.