The NCCP Sport Nutrition module helps coaches understand how to support athletes and their parents or caregivers in making effective nutrition choices.
Coaches who are maintaining their NCCP Trained or NCCP Certified status will receive five (5) NCCP Professional Development (PD) points upon completing the module. This module may also be required as part of a coach training or certification pathway for specific sports.
After completing the NCCP Sport Nutrition module, you will be able to:
- explain the basic nutritional needs of an athlete;
- take appropriate measures to ensure that athletes stay hydrated during exercise;
- educate athletes on the use of nutritional supplements and sports drinks;
- encourage a positive body image in their athletes;
- identify the different types of disordered eating;
- support athletes with special nutritional needs;
- identify common food allergies and intolerances;
- provide accurate guidance to athletes and their parents or caregivers on nutrition before, during, and after exercise.; and
- provide accurate nutritional guidance to athletes and their parents or caregivers before and during travel.
How to Register
This NCCP module is available through e-learning found in your NCCP Locker account
Please contact Nancy Zanni email@example.com for a voucher before starting this module.